Monday, July 29, 2013
Well the plan was to Cobia fish today off Cape Henry. We left at 10 am right after I checked the forecast for the last time as it called for light westerly winds and sunny skies with no chance of rain. We got off Cape Henry at 10:45am and it was cloudy with thunderstorms forming to the south and north of us.Great so we decide to wait it out but the storms start moving towards us and the wind starts blowing from the North at 20 knots. The seas were 3 to5 ft at 2 to 3 seconds and a mess. We got our asses handed to us going back to Lynnhaven. Got the skiff and fished for couple of hours in the river catching a few fish.
Friday, July 26, 2013
I was suppose to go Tarpon fishing today with Pete but the wind was going to blow and it did! Went out looking for bait and could not find but 2 mullet and that's what the flounder have wanted lately. Small menhaden everywhere but the flounder and pups only want mullet. Caught 2 small flounder and no pups. Water 79F, wind NNE 15 to 30 mph. I only fished from noon till 3:30pm as the wind got to much to handle.
Friday, July 19, 2013
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Brian and I went out for a couple hours at 5 pm, light winds, hot hot hot! We hit a flounder sport inside inlet first and Brian had a huge one on but it came off, current started rolling out and we headed to a pup spot where we caught a few all in the 23 inch class.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Well I had called Pete and Randy to see if anyone wanted to fish today. Talked to Pete in AM and to windy for Sheeps so called the trip.Randy left me a message so I called him back and he said he cancelled at flounder trip because of the wind, so I asked him if he wanted to try for some in the skiff. This would be first flounder trip in skiff this year. It went pretty good with 7 keepers between 17 and 22 inches and some pups, lots of filets, fished from 10:30 to 4:30pm under some very tough conditions 25 kts of south wind, and strong current in afternoon on outgoing. Half were caught on jigs and half on live baits. It was hard fishing in the conditions but did manage one cobia also.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Sunday, July 7, 2013
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Water 81.5 F Wind SW at 15 mph sunny. I just fished about 3 hours in the skiff today around the second island and the first for flounder. Nothing on flounder but got my 1st sheep of the year.
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Well the wind finally stopped blowing on Wednesday but the waves from the Hurricane off the coast were rolling in on the beach at 15 foot making the fishing very hard. We didn't see or catch any roosters on our last day making a disappointing trip. Our timing with the hurricane was a bad as it gets. Got home with the intention of getting a few days fishing before going back to work on Tuesday but have been blown out and rained out everyday. I might get out this weekend and hopefully find some fish.